Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
We should have another free weekend or week to sell

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/101605453/m/5327076236

August 06, 2013, 12:48 PM
barobehere
We should have another free weekend or week to sell
Remember that once or twice we had a weekend to sell on cardtalk that would be nice to do again. There really is not much activity going on in the retailer section on the site.
August 09, 2013, 09:16 PM
Raven
I would second that. It has been quite awhile and I didn't get a chance to buy anything the last time because there were only a couple of cards I was interested in and they got snapped up pretty fast.

I don't know how well it worked out overall, I don't think everyone made sales, but then again some of the cards listed just weren't going to move. It would be a good experiment to try again now that collectors have so many more premium hits that they might want to cash in.
August 09, 2013, 10:37 PM
barobehere
I bought one card last time. I really don't think it is about the money so much as it would be a way to say, I got some cards that someone might want but feel they have nothing to trade for it.
August 10, 2013, 07:24 AM
wolfie
Let me start off by saying that I totally agree with you, it would be great to have a day or days like this.

My only concern is what the people who pay to advertise their cards, websites, companies on this forum would think about it.

August 15, 2013, 11:50 AM
estephano
I can relate to barobehere's request.

We don't have a market for non-sport trading cards here in Germany, so I only buy single auto/costume cards off eBay and from collectors on forums. I'm very limited in what I have for trade and usually buying is the only option for me. Out of countless purchases I was only able to trade twice within the past 12 months.

However, I really like the system on here with its 'trading only' standard. A purchase of a specific card can still be discussed between both parties if there's nothing each party finds to trade for.