Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    We should have another free weekend or week to sell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We should have another free weekend or week to sell
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Remember that once or twice we had a weekend to sell on cardtalk that would be nice to do again. There really is not much activity going on in the retailer section on the site.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I would second that. It has been quite awhile and I didn't get a chance to buy anything the last time because there were only a couple of cards I was interested in and they got snapped up pretty fast.

I don't know how well it worked out overall, I don't think everyone made sales, but then again some of the cards listed just weren't going to move. It would be a good experiment to try again now that collectors have so many more premium hits that they might want to cash in.

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I bought one card last time. I really don't think it is about the money so much as it would be a way to say, I got some cards that someone might want but feel they have nothing to trade for it.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Let me start off by saying that I totally agree with you, it would be great to have a day or days like this.

My only concern is what the people who pay to advertise their cards, websites, companies on this forum would think about it.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
I can relate to barobehere's request.

We don't have a market for non-sport trading cards here in Germany, so I only buy single auto/costume cards off eBay and from collectors on forums. I'm very limited in what I have for trade and usually buying is the only option for me. Out of countless purchases I was only able to trade twice within the past 12 months.

However, I really like the system on here with its 'trading only' standard. A purchase of a specific card can still be discussed between both parties if there's nothing each party finds to trade for.

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post