Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hide post?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Better not hide Wolfie's or half of the board will disappear Eek Big Grin

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jademaliburoad:
Better not hide Wolfie's or half of the board will disappear Eek Big Grin

Maybe this 'Hide Post' was made because of Wolfie!! Big Grin

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I am making a list and your name will go at the top of this list. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Just noticed the "hide post" link a few minutes back.
Now I know,but do I really need to know Roll Eyes

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I just notice the "hide post" got a lot smaller. As least it does not stick out like a sore thumb anymore. Thanks Harris Thumb Up

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
I just notice the "hide post" got a lot smaller. As least it does not stick out like a sore thumb anymore. Thanks Harris Thumb Up

I actually didn't do anything! Unless you count complaining to Groupee.

The odd thing is, I also thought that it got smaller too but am unclear if it actually did. I have been asking the mods to check and most of them seem to think that it's the same size. I noticed it earlier today when I was on another machine and now I have been looking at it in various browsers and it seems like it may be different depending on what browser you are using? Or maybe depending on what text size setting you are using? Very bizarre! I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Well im still using the same browser and it is alot smaller!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Mine has shrunk to a lot smaller.

Must be the cold weather. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
For me, I'm using the same computer and it's smaller. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Maybe because I use Mozilla, or I just haven't noticed, but it looks the same size as it was earlier for me *shrug*
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Thanks for the input. Just to clarify what I said. The controls for setting who you have on your ignore list are in your profile here on Card Talk too. Maybe I didn't make that part clear. *snip

Oops, my bad. I didn't read your original post properly. Red Face

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Same, obnoxious size for me to bossman... Groupee needs to get a clue. I am perfectly capable of ignoring people on my own *lol* I don't need a button to help me Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Using aol 9.0 and IE 6 and it's a lot smaller, almost didn't notice it now. Also there was a | on its left that has vanished.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jademaliburoad:
Using aol 9.0 and IE 6 and it's a lot smaller, almost didn't notice it now. Also there was a | on its left that has vanished.

See, that's the odd part. I am still seeing it in Firefox. But not in IE 6. And since I use Firefox nearly exclusively, I'm still seeing the large link and | .

Hey, jademaliburoad, I like how you put "|" into words (or something you can type, anyway). I was at a loss as to how to describe this to Groupee yesterday. I was saying that "vertical line thing."

I have asked Groupee about this again today and and waiting to hear back about it. Gotta wait for the those West Coast folkes to drink their coffee, you know?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, jademaliburoad, I like how you put "|" into words (or something you can type, anyway). I was at a loss as to how to describe this to Groupee yesterday. I was saying that "vertical line thing."

Generally it's known as 'pipe' Smile
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
to those that have not seen a change: try clearing your internet cache, sometimes the board will retain cached info especially on formatting

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I can it being useful if you're trying to see 2 posts that are on different pages. Hide the posts in the middle and they may end up on the same page.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I can it being useful if you're trying to see 2 posts that are on different pages. Hide the posts in the middle and they may end up on the same page.

Hi Raj:

I don't understand this? I know, I'm dense, but....

Seems like something is missing and I would like to understand what you are saying. Thanks.

Harris

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Not Raj, but what I assume he's saying is this:

Say I want to read a post on page 4 of a thread and one on page 5 - perhaps I want to quote both of them in my own response - if I "hide" all the posts in the middle of those responses, they will both "end up" on page 4 and it would become easier for me to read/reference, etc those posts which were originally on different pages.

Clearer? If not, I'll bring pictures to Philly for you Wink

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
That's what I meant.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Not Raj, but what I assume he's saying is this:

Say I want to read a post on page 4 of a thread and one on page 5 - perhaps I want to quote both of them in my own response - if I "hide" all the posts in the middle of those responses, they will both "end up" on page 4 and it would become easier for me to read/reference, etc those posts which were originally on different pages.

Clearer? If not, I'll bring pictures to Philly for you Wink

I don't think that is right. Now I don't know this for certain since I have not chosen to ignore anyone's posts, but I don't think it works like that.

If you ignore someone's posts, you still get a small strip showing you that a post is there. So in essense, there is still a post there. And no matter what, there will still be the same 20 posts on page 4 regardless of whether you are seeing an actual post or an ignore strip (a term I have just coined).

Let's take it another way. Say you add Bob and Tom to your ignore list. And lets say page 4 contains a post by Bob followed by a post by Tom, followed by Bob, and so on, so that the entire page is all Bob's and Tom's post. When you display page 4, you would get 20 ignore strips. It wouldn't actually remove those posts so that you see what someone else sees as page 5.

Does this make sense? Am I understanding correctly? Otherwise, you better get the picture ready Joanna. Wink