Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hide post?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Mine looks like the one in the picture labeled Firefox.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
its definately a caching issue. Clear out your temporary internet files and offline internet files while IE is closed and that should take care of it.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Related to this feature- if you click on a username you can "add memeber xyz to my ignore list"

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
its definately a caching issue. Clear out your temporary internet files and offline internet files while IE is closed and that should take care of it.

I'll give it a go.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just used Ctrl-Refresh and it worked - now much smaller Thumb Up

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Cleared cache and tried Control refresh again, I'm now seeing the small Hide Post.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks for letting me know Hammer and AJJ27UK. Groupee is having no part of hearing my complaints about the feature itself. I guess the smaller link makes it a lot less "in your face" but I'm still not convinced it's a good addition to the software script.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree that the feature is rarely of benefit on Card Talk, where we have civilized people and persuasive moderators. But I remember some of the long-running "flame wars" on other newsgroups and discussion boards. Sometimes you couldn't convince a couple of disagreeing people to take their argument out to the parking lot. Or occasionally there would be one character who could spout on at length on a topic without illuminating anything.

Even in moderated and civil discussions, you might have wanted to temporarily hide posts from specific people. In the good old days of rec.collecting.cards.non-sports or .marketplace, some people would post long lists daily and I might be interested in the details infrequently.

So I think it's a good feature for Groupee to offer, but it would be nice if it could be turned off by the board-keepers.

The size differences probably were due to how the different browsers interpreted the cascading style sheets and whether the page allowed the browser to choose fonts from its defaults, instead of forcing use of the style written into the page-code. You might even be *shocked* to learn that browser software sometimes has bugs in it ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Mine looks like the Internet Explorer picture but I'm using Firefox :-\ It used to be like the other pic - big, not blending in with anything.
I forget its there, now.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
Related to this feature- if you click on a username you can "add memeber xyz to my ignore list"

Ah, I just tried that with you and it made your post vanish Razz IMO that is better than the link over there.

Harris, is it possible to maybe change the text of the link to a custom picture? It'd still be there but it could be one way to hide it. Cover it up with a daisy or something, lol Smile

[Edit: Sorry for spamming. I'm used to another forum where it just tacks it on to my last post. I meant to edit my last post. Not post a new one Red Face]

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Harris, is it possible to maybe change the text of the link to a custom picture? It'd still be there but it could be one way to hide it. Cover it up with a daisy or something, lol Smile

[Edit: Sorry for spamming. I'm used to another forum where it just tacks it on to my last post. I meant to edit my last post. Not post a new one Red Face]

Not a bad idea, Star! At one point, Groupee said I could change the text to something else (i.e. replace it with some other text) but they haven't said anything about being able to change it into an image. I'll give that some thought.

Like you, though, I'm at the point where I hardly notice it's there any more.

BTW, is anyone actually using this feature? If so, let us know but posting here (no need to tell us who is on your ignore list, of course).

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
BTW, is anyone actually using this feature? If so, let us know by posting here .

I am , i have chosen to ignore my own posts. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
BTW, is anyone actually using this feature? If so, let us know by posting here .

I am , i have chosen to ignore my own posts. Big Grin

Smart move Wolfie. I bet you are able to read through the forum a lot faster now. Wink

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Did someone post something then? Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post