Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hide post?
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
It WOULD work if it wasn't limited to 20 posts per page *lol* But, I just tried it out and you're right Harris, it doesn't compact the pages into fewer pages, just reduces the amount of text per page ...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hey, jademaliburoad, I like how you put "|" into words (or something you can type, anyway). I was at a loss as to how to describe this to Groupee yesterday. I was saying that "vertical line thing."

Should show it to my husband, for once my explanation was simple Big Grin

Thanks Quaint, I had no idea it was called 'pipe'

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Truthfully, I wish this hide a post had been around before I got DSL... some threads were so heavy with images that they would take forever to load and at one time one particular pic would cause me to crash all the time... though that was on the mac at work that has DSL as well.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
I just notice the "hide post" got a lot smaller. As least it does not stick out like a sore thumb anymore. Thanks Harris Thumb Up

I actually didn't do anything! Unless you count complaining to Groupee.

The odd thing is, I also thought that it got smaller too but am unclear if it actually did. I have been asking the mods to check and most of them seem to think that it's the same size. I noticed it earlier today when I was on another machine and now I have been looking at it in various browsers and it seems like it may be different depending on what browser you are using? Or maybe depending on what text size setting you are using? Very bizarre! I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Harris

Sometimes it's smaller for me and sometimes it's bigger for me... and I still get the Jade "|" on the left.

Wonky litle program isn't it. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I'm still working with Groupee on this. I needed to send them an image of the large font link, with pipe and small link, no pipe images. What a pain!

And now I have just noticed that the link has gone small in Firefox too. Eek Eek I think Dan might have been right about it possibly loading old stuff and needing to clear out your cache. Just guessing though.

Anyone else that still has the large link experience this? And if you still have the large link, how about forcing your browser to reload a new version of the page by control-clicking your refresh button. See if that does anything.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Mine has shrunk to a lot smaller.

Must be the cold weather. Big Grin

Mine is as big as ever

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
It WOULD work if it wasn't limited to 20 posts per page *lol* But, I just tried it out and you're right Harris, it doesn't compact the pages into fewer pages, just reduces the amount of text per page ...

Shame, isn't it?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Mine is as big as ever

Yes terrible things these heads. Razz

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Mine is as big as ever

Yes terrible things these heads. Razz

Twak Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
quote:
how about forcing your browser to reload a new version of the page by control-clicking your refresh button.

Oooooohhh - that worked. Now it's little, yet still annoying.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Worked for me too! Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
Clearing my cache and refreshing the page fixed if for me as well.

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Over_Worked_Mom and Hammer~

Are you two still seeing the larger "hide post" link or have yours gone somehow magically gone smaller now too? I have been working with Groupee trying to figure out what's going on. From reading the above posts, you two still seem to be the last people who have the larger links (at least, of those who have posted in this thread). They want to know where we stand and I am trying to get back to them, so let me know. Anyone else who is still seeing the larger obtrusive "hide link" should also feel free to comment below.

By the way, I did a graphic below which shows the two views. You'll find the large link version on the left (says "Firefox") and the smaller link version on the right (says "Internet Explorer").

Hide Link Views Compared

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Mine is still the firefox size.I have "refreshed". I'm not too worried about it though Thumb Up

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Nope, I still have the large links here on my home PC - my office PC has the smaller links.
Both run the most recent versions of IE6...
Au Res.,
Paul

I'll take that back - I just tried the control-refresh (thanks to whover posted that - would you believe I didn't know that little trick? Roll Eyes) and the text size has now gone down.

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
I'll take that back - I just tried the control-refresh (thanks to whover posted that - would you believe I didn't know that little trick? Roll Eyes) and the text size has now gone down.

On a Mac that would be Shift-Refresh

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I'm still seeing the larger Hide Post link.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ27UK:
I'm still seeing the larger Hide Post link.

AJJ27UK~ What browswer are you using? PC or MAC? And have you tried control-refresh to force your browswer to reload a new version of all the graphics and things on the page?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
PC using IE6. And I have tried control-refresh,no difference.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ27UK:
PC using IE6. And I have tried control-refresh,no difference.

OK, so then just to be clear, you're link looks like the left one in the picutre: