Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    There should be a trading results section under card trading
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There should be a trading results section under card trading
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
posted
There should be a section under card trading for trading results. This way when you trade with someone you can post how it went so other people can see it. This way if someone is a bad apple you can let others know.

I know some of you are also on Blowout where they have an itrader under your ID. Don't know how it works on the web-site end but it is very useful in letting others know how good of a buyer/seller/trader you are.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think there is a forum rule that you do not post if someone is a bad trader. You report it to a mod or to Harris, but you do this off board.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I think there is a forum rule that you do not post if someone is a bad trader. You report it to a mod or to Harris, but you do this off board.

I did read that but I would want to know if someone has had problems in the past.

When I was sorting through the Secret Santa submissions there were two or three people that didn't want to be paired with a certain person due to problems with trading in the past. If I end up trading with one of those people in the future it makes me wary but if the details were posted in a section I can make my own decision based on the information given.

I have not been on here that long and have maybe made 10 trades or so but no one would know that or know that I am a good trader. I could always tell people to check my ebay ID to sort of verify that I am trustworthy but that would be about it.

It is a real shame that nowadays you need to be so cautious but so be it.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The ideal trade is one where both parties get what they agreed to and wanted, but what is a bad trader?

Certainly if someone doesn't send their part of the deal that's bad. Of if the card is in a different condition than stated or there was a misrepresentation of its value, that's bad.

Sometimes a deal is just lopsided to begin with, but its only afterwards that one party realizes that they got shorted. That's bad too, but whether that's bad trading or smart trading depends on which end you're on. Wink

I'm kind of joking around because the truth is I never trade with anyone. Too much pressure, I have enough trouble figuring out what to buy. I'd hate to trade cards straight up and watch the one I let go rise in price while the one I got sinks. Frown

I know card collecting is about the enjoyment and not the money, but yet we still all check those price guides don't we? Big Grin

Anyway, I don't think the Mods would want to get in the middle of any deals gone wrong, and I don't blame them. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The ideal trade is one where both parties get what they agreed to and wanted, but what is a bad trader?
Certainly if someone doesn't send their part of the deal that's bad. Of if the card is in a different condition than stated or there was a misrepresentation of its value, that's bad.

Sometimes a deal is just lopsided to begin with, but its only afterwards that one party realizes that they got shorted. That's bad too, but whether that's bad trading or smart trading depends on which end you're on. Wink

I'm kind of joking around because the truth is I never trade with anyone. Too much pressure, I have enough trouble figuring out what to buy. I'd hate to trade cards straight up and watch the one I let go rise in price while the one I got sinks. Frown

I know card collecting is about the enjoyment and not the money, but yet we still all check those price guides don't we? Big Grin

Anyway, I don't think the Mods would want to get in the middle of any deals gone wrong, and I don't blame them. Smile

What I bolded is exactly why I would want it. A lopsided trade is between the two parties. If you do not do your homework on what you have/want it is on you but if you never receive your end, get different items than expected or damaged you should be able to let others know that your deal did not go well. Also why not let people know that you just had a great dealing with another member. I am currently trading with 4 people on here, why shouldn't I praise them when things go well.

Bond - got the cards today. Can't believe they got here so fast. Thanks for the trade. Why shouldn't he get credit?

Mods would not have to be involved. We are all adults (I think) and we should be able to handle ourselves as such.

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I believe they would probably be more of a hassle to moderate. Those types of boards are overly negative with most threads needing to be closed to prevent further escalation, at least in my opinion. Rarely are they productive or involve praising another member.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a rule, I'd say don't trade away anything with a value you'd actually care about. Sad, but true.

I have traded many times here, and have had a pretty positive success rate, but no where near 100%. I've also given away many cards, auto's and otherwise, free, with me usually even offering to pick up the postage. That sometimes back fires with people e-mailing to request more, or writing to say they never got them just because they know I'll send more if I still have some available. Every once in a while, the mail probably does go weird, but it sucks that I have a 100% success rate with Christmas cards, and a 75% success rate with trading cards.

Not to be "anti", but I think if someone has been around here for a few years and has a couple hundred posts to their name, that'd be all the street cred I'd need to trade with them and take their word for it if something didn't show up. Who would risk sacrificing their reputation and the investment they've made in "board relationships" over a $20 card? I'd hope no one.

As for lop sided trades, a double is a double sometimes, and not all of us can be bothered to figure out how to sell on the 'bay. --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
99% of my trades have been ok - 1 lot didn't show up but I had traded with the individual before. Post does go missing the only way you sort that one out is if everybody spends a lot of money on Special delivery (which you should do if it is an expensive trade).

I generally am down on a trade but not too worried about it. Only thing that ever disappointed me was when I gave away some base sets (and paid postage to US/Australia) and individuals didn't have courtesy to say "item received - thanks", I actually had to e-mail individuals to ask if they had got them Shake Head so I won't do it again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I think it would be hell to moderate that part of the forum with the unhappy traders.
As Collector of things said, it might be a bad thing for good traders also (I hadn't thought of that).
Even if it would be cool to out bad traders and thanks the good ones, I believe that this isn't what Card Talk is about and I understand that Harris wants this kind of stuff to stay off board.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Things around here are actually very solid. While every trade might not go perfectly, there are few complaints. As a moderator of the trade forum I can count on one hand the number of issues I've had to deal with in multiple years. It speaks to the community here, in large part. It's small enough that people know one another, which means that trades are usually done with online friends.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Well I am glad to hear that everyone on here is happy for the most part and i hope it stays that way.

I do want to thank Kevin, Eric, Bill & Dewayne for the recent smooth trades! Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ifish ( Ian )

I got your package Yesterday , Very Nice
Thanks Again , Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd hate to trade cards straight up and watch the one I let go rise in price while the one I got sinks. Frown

"This business should be about more than just investing in cards that might be "worth something" in the future. Collect cards because it gives you the chance to buy, sell and trade with people who enjoy the same hobby. Collect cards because you have the chance to share a word or a laugh with someone who has the same interests. Collect cards because it is fun to do." - Allan Caplan, December 2005

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by estephano:
quote:
I'd hate to trade cards straight up and watch the one I let go rise in price while the one I got sinks. Frown

"This business should be about more than just investing in cards that might be "worth something" in the future. Collect cards because it gives you the chance to buy, sell and trade with people who enjoy the same hobby. Collect cards because you have the chance to share a word or a laugh with someone who has the same interests. Collect cards because it is fun to do." - Allan Caplan, December 2005

Boy, that's a snippit from an old post of mine in this thread from almost two years ago. Don't know why you bring it up, but I still feel the same way about trading. Its a lot harder to be a good trader than a good buyer, and a don't know a single collector who doesn't look at market prices. They may not care about prices, but they still look. Big Grin

As for Allan Caplan, I don't know where he is right now, and I'm not sure that Uncle Allan is still having fun with cards. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post