Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Box Breakdown Forum Ordering Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Box Breakdown Forum Ordering Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Question:
Now that's we've lived with the box breakdowns in alphabetical order for a month or so, what do you think? There have been many suggestions in this thread. And many people have said that they absolutely do not like the way it is now (in alphabetical order by set name with the newest releases "stuck" to the top).

Please tell me how you would like it. As it is now; or going back to the way it was.

Choices:
I like it the way it is now, in alphabetical order by set name
I want it to go back to being in order by last post date

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
With only two options, I'd prefer it to stay alphabetical...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I prefer the last post date, if a breakdown isn't in the A or B or a new product it could easily be missed as soon as another post is made. I know I don't check every page when I get home.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also prefer alphabetical.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I also prefer the last post date option. It's interesting to see what treasures have been uncovered in older boxes but these are quickly buried when done alpabetacally.

Hope this isn't the star of a Card Talk Civil War. Alphas Vs Daters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
I too favour last post date. Although the alphabetical way keeps sets nicely grouped together, it's annoying having to search through the pages each time to see if there have been any new discoveries from older sets.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
I vote for last post date as well...

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
last post date as well.
as mentioned in previous posts,I like to see what has been pulled from older releases.I also look to see if someone has some cards that they need that I may have and vice-versa.

vice-versa...good wording for this hobby Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Last post date, please.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
last post date PLEASE Harris

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
I went with the last post date option. Definately liked it better that way

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I prefer to stay in alpha order

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last post date order definitely best for me.

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Happy Medium?

OK, what would everyone think of a link at the top of the main page of the Box Breakdown forum (left as is) that links to a page with the most recent posts threads on it? That page might look like the following?
Most Recent Box Breakdown page

Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I know all are waiting for my vote Roll Eyes

And the vote is a resounding Thumb Up

I like it Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
My preference would be to pin new releases to the top for 30 days and everything else would be last post first. For example lets say there are 3 new releases pinned to the top and i crack a box of buffy season 5, the buffy breakdown would be 4th on the page. After 30 days a new release would get un-pinned and be part of the regular breakdowns.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
My preference would be to pin new releases to the top for 30 days and everything else would be last post first. For example lets say there are 3 new releases pinned to the top and i crack a box of buffy season 5, the buffy breakdown would be 4th on the page. After 30 days a new release would get un-pinned and be part of the regular breakdowns.

I'm not sure I understand this, Incarnadine (you know how dense I am Smile ). I'm with you up to your Buffy example.

So you are saying that if there are 3 new releases pinned to the top and your breakdown post from a non-new set would get pinned on an automated basis, since it's the newest post? Is that what you mean?

Unfortunately, the "pinning" (Infopop actually calls these Featured Topics) must be done by hand...there's no automation for this process. So in other words, myself or one of the mods must actually "feature" or "unfeature" the topic. It really only makes sense to do this for new releases.

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Umm, what i meant is that the buffy breakdown would move to the top of the list excepting for the pinned breakdowns, it would be a last post first thing and if another older breakdown is posted it would move ahead of the buffy post but not the pinned ones. The pinned ones stick but everything else would be last post first, but would be after the pinned breakdowns. Pinning shouldn't be too problematic, most months there are only 3 or 4 new releases to deal with.

-Goethe

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Happy Medium?

OK, what would everyone think of a link at the top of the main page of the Box Breakdown forum (left as is) that links to a page with the most recent posts threads on it? That page might look like the following?
Most Recent Box Breakdown page

Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

Looks like a good solution to the situation. Thumb Up

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Umm, what i meant is that the buffy breakdown would move to the top of the list excepting for the pinned breakdowns, it would be a last post first thing and if another older breakdown is posted it would move ahead of the buffy post but not the pinned ones. The pinned ones stick but everything else would be last post first, but would be after the pinned breakdowns. Pinning shouldn't be too problematic, most months there are only 3 or 4 new releases to deal with.

Incarnadine,

OK, now I gottcha.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I still want to see what the general concesus is about the page I posted above, though.

Harris