Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Forum for artists

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/101605453/m/3571025212

April 03, 2007, 08:34 PM
Szym
Forum for artists
I don't deny you the right to have an opinion. It is the way you voice it that I find offensive, and that is true for all your posts in this thread. I don't post very often on this board but, I am sorry, I think your attitude is not a good one. And I still find your posts offensive. I wrote in bold in order for you to notice that you were offensive but you don't seem to care. Too bad!
April 03, 2007, 08:39 PM
mtlhddoc2
quote:
I'd rather have make a forceful comment that gets tongues wagging and thoughts moving than be tepid. There is no need to get so wound up.

when you make your "forceful comment" the message disappears and all anyone sees is a rude bully with a major axe to grind. Try showing a little respect to the people you disagree with, maybe they would even hear what you have to say, as of right now, I have no idea what your stand is on this except that you hate everyone.
April 03, 2007, 08:43 PM
X
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
I don't deny you the right to have an opinion. It is the way you voice it that I find offensive, and that is true for all your posts in this thread. I don't post very often on this board but, I am sorry, I think your attitude is not a good one. And I still find your posts offensive. I wrote in bold in order for you to notice that you were offensive but you don't seem to care. Too bad!

Should I? Your comment was no less 'offensive' than what you claim mine to be. Chastising me for what you are also guilty of doing is a pretty weak argument to make.

Come on is this what it boils down to: tone? I can't remember how many times I have tried to reiterate the value of the artists in my posts yet all is forgotten because I don't take stick when it is given me. Roll Eyes
April 03, 2007, 08:43 PM
webjon
It's ok to have an opinion, of course. When you get forceful towards other members and repeatedly post that's when things border on bashing.

It doesn't take posting after every 4-5 posts to get your point across. . . Have an opinion, state it and move on. If you and another member feel the need to argue please do it off the board.

Jon
April 03, 2007, 08:51 PM
X
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
quote:
I'd rather have make a forceful comment that gets tongues wagging and thoughts moving than be tepid. There is no need to get so wound up.

when you make your "forceful comment" the message disappears and all anyone sees is a rude bully with a major axe to grind. Try showing a little respect to the people you disagree with, maybe they would even hear what you have to say, as of right now, I have no idea what your stand is on this except that you hate everyone.

- Bully? Bullies pick on the weak and as it stands I'm about the only person in my corner right now. Please don't be absurd.
- People hear what they want to hear no matter which way you put it. Constant misinterpretations of what I have said in this thread have proved as much.
- I thought you might have been onto something until I read your last sentence: that I "HATE EVERYONE". Shake Head Clearly you don't know what I'm on about. You're on a different planet mate.
April 03, 2007, 08:51 PM
STCardGeek
bah..
Are we having fun yet fellas? Cause it sure doesn't seem so. The problem here is (besides some forceful personalities) is the interningling of too many thoughts.
1. the no-advertizing rule
2. the we tend to allow a wee bit more slack to certain groups of posters then others which causes hurt feelings
3. are sketchcards that aren't part of card sets *real* cards.

Please try not to mush all three into one big hurt stick and poke people in the eye with it. I fail to understand why topics can't be discussed without wrapping it all up in emo's as thekids are calling it these days. Factual discussions are ever so much easier to deal with in such a varied group. And please, when it gets down to I don't like your tone messages..take it off-boards, so the thread doesn't derail and get lost in the angst.

April 03, 2007, 08:54 PM
mtlhddoc2
you are right X - I have no idea what you are "on about" - it is pretty impossible for me to see your point at all when all you do is call people stupid, greedy, naive etc etc - Whenever I have a political discussion with someone and they say "well, Bush is stupid" their entire argument disappears to me because all they have are insults. Now "Bush made mistakes" and I continue to discuss (replace Bush with Clinton, Jefferson, Al Roker, its all the same)
April 03, 2007, 08:55 PM
STCardGeek
And btw, I'm in X's corner in regards soley to the idea that comissioned cards aren't *real*. But, I also respect the fact that alot of people pack alot of feelings and passion into their comissioned sketches and they enjoy them very much. I even started a section for users to submit their sketches for others to enjoy. Skim the boards, avoid what doesn't interest ya. Heck, if I demanded it my way, most of these darn non-trek threads would be OUTTA HERE Wink

April 03, 2007, 08:56 PM
X
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
bah..
Are we having fun yet fellas? Cause it sure doesn't seem so. The problem here is (besides some forceful personalities) is the interningling of too many thoughts.
1. the no-advertizing rule
2. the we tend to allow a wee bit more slack to certain groups of posters then others which causes hurt feelings
3. are sketchcards that aren't part of card sets *real* cards.

Please try not to mush all three into one big hurt stick and poke people in the eye with it. I fail to understand why topics can't be discussed without wrapping it all up in emo's as thekids are calling it these days. Factual discussions are ever so much easier to deal with in such a varied group. And please, when it gets down to I don't like your tone messages..take it off-boards, so the thread doesn't derail and get lost in the angst.

Joanna got the first gold star today, you get the second. Thumb Up Oh and the Ambassador. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,
April 03, 2007, 08:58 PM
CC
Harris, can you please just start the paid section and new artist thread so we can all get back to talking about/collecting/making sketch cards? Smile Please?

April 03, 2007, 09:02 PM
X
Pretty bloody please? With a cherry on top. Smile
April 03, 2007, 10:56 PM
JimKyle
X....The only thing blown out of the water is your inflated ego. Move along......

Jim Kyle
April 03, 2007, 11:00 PM
prenz
Actually I think you're the one with the inflated ego, JimKyle, because it comes off in this thread as if you think the collectors owe something to these new wave of artists. Click the link in my signature and you'll see that we owe nothing, but rather have been shafted as far as sketch cards in the 21st century. Keep the trading card faith strong, X. I agree with everything you've said here.
April 03, 2007, 11:04 PM
MILLER 777
I concur with you Jim we should all just move along. Why must the world be filled with such hatred when we could all live harmoniously as one big happy trading card family. Enough of the back and forth bashing and sensless banter about sketch cards. Spread the love people , hatred leads to the dark side. Once down the dark path forever will it consume your destiny.MILLER777 Smokin'

April 03, 2007, 11:07 PM
MILLER 777
Thems some fine lookin sketch cards ya gots there. But then again sketch cards have come along way since them old MARVEL days, huh.

April 03, 2007, 11:08 PM
JimKyle
I suppose you are right.....inflated my ego is. I love myself waaaaaaaay too much. Yes, Im sure the collectors owe me everything. I do this because I love to do it not because anyone owes me anything. I really havent a clue what youre collection has to do with me. I appreciate all the fans and if it werent for them I wouldnt be where I am. Trust me I have no ego. Those are nice sketchcards ya' got there bro!

Jim Kyle
April 03, 2007, 11:10 PM
prenz
I wish this didn't have to come off as personal to you or anyone else, but no they haven't come a long way, Miller. They've taken a severe beating because companies have cut corners and have opted not to pay higher prices to recruit top artists in the field, like they did in 97-98. Instead they pay blowout prices to "help" budgeoning artists because it saves them money, and said artists try to turn a valued card hobby into a random art hobby. I used to be able to open packs and pull "Babe Ruth" sketches but now I'm forced to cope with Joe Benchwarmers. I can't to see how personal you all will take this, even though that's not my intention. I wish everyone well in life, but it would be a blessing for sketch cards to return to their comic-artist roots.
April 03, 2007, 11:14 PM
webjon
Personally I think sketch cards have come a long way. . . but that's not on topic, so let's not go there. . .

At least try to keep this on some sort of relevancy to the topic.

Jon
April 03, 2007, 11:15 PM
H_Toser
I have been away most of the evening. If I had been around earlier tonight, I would have closed this topic a lot earlier. It's just generating nothing positive at this point.

I am still not convinced that the paid artist forum is the way to go but I am going to give it a try. Perhaps we'll try it for a few months, evaluate it, and then either continue on or go back to some other way closer to the way things were if it doesn't appear to be working. One thing I have convinced myself of is there is no easy solution. Mad

To anyone that has gotten upset over things posted here -- I am sorry. I very much hate it when that happens.

Also, I do hope that the artists stick around. We here at NSU never wanted any of you to feel alienated or that we wish you to feel unwelcome.

For now, I am closing this thread. If anyone has anything further to add, please e-mail me directly. But bear in mind that Card Talk is just one of several things I have going on at any one time.