Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    New area to identify pictures of cards?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New area to identify pictures of cards?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I don't know if this topic has been discussed before but I would like to suggest that a new area be created where members can post pictures about a card he/she is not able to identify.
I have had many such cards and someone from this forum has always been to answer my questions.
As they say, "a picture paints a thousand words". Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I agree with promoking on this one, I don't think I was in agreement the first time this topic was brought up, but after having to dig through all the forums to find a certain picture recently, I can see a need for such a section. I am coming across older cards all the time that I have no idea what they are and can't find them listed anywhere. It would be nice to have a section for pictures. I would love to see a section like this added to the promo category. PLEASE Clap Bouncey Dance Elephant

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Because of exactly the problem that John alluded to. Too many unrelated posts. By having their own section, pictures of elusive cards could be posted and commented upon. No question in my mind that it would be a hit and very useful to boot.
At least let's try it . No?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I would like to see more card talk members weight in on this subject. Please everyone let us know what your opinion is on having a section for posting pictures of unknown cards.

I vote Yes. Thumb Up

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Just what we need, another rarely used section, or section which isnt used as its intended purpose.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
What about a compromise and instead of a new area, how about ONE "please help identify" thread that remains on the 1st page of whatever forum it's in? Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
What about a compromise and instead of a new area, how about ONE "please help identify" thread that remains on the 1st page of whatever forum it's in? Smile

That's a good idea, I think it would serve the purpose and work just as well. You could have one in the general promo talk section and the general card discussion. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Yes I think it's a very good idea. Harris, It's up to you now ......... Wavey

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Yes I think it's a very good idea. Harris, It's up to you now ......... Wavey

OK, they're up and ready to use. Post away. And as I said in the post, let's try and keep the discussion to a bare minimum in those thread -- just posted pictures and identification, if possible.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:

That's a good idea, I think it would serve the purpose and work just as well. You could have one in the general promo talk section and the general card discussion. Thumb Up
Woohoo for me! Dance

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Albert, thank you for starting the topic, I think the compromise will work just as good as having a new category.

Thanks Harris for giving it a try, I hope it's popular and gets used frequently, and thanks to SciFiMom for a good idea. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
Albert, thank you for starting the topic, I think the compromise will work just as good as having a new category.

Thanks Harris for giving it a try, I hope it's popular and gets used frequently, and thanks to SciFiMom for a good idea. Thumb Up
Ditto and thanx. Big Grin