Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Can we have a ebay store in our NSU CT profile "Homepage URL:" ????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we have a ebay store in our NSU CT profile "Homepage URL:" ????
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Hi NSU & Harris

I amConfusedconfusedConfusedlike alwaysConfused

Can we have a ebay store in our NSU CT profile "Homepage URL:" ????

I have been seeing this in some of the NSU Card Talk memembers public profiles.
When I click on them to read.
On the public profiles page there is a Homepage URL:
In the Homepage URL: Link .
I see http:// Link to peoples ebay stores.
I see this.
When I click on a persons profile to look at.
When I go down the list and next to the link for there Homepage URL:

??Confused??QUESTION ???Confused????Confused

CAN I have a ebay store in my profile "Homepage URL:" ????Confused
Me I do not want to get in trouble here at NSU Card Talk.
That is why I am asking first. Wink
Before I open a ebay store and post it in my NSU Card Talk profile in the Homepage URL: link.

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Waiting for final word from Harris, but I am pretty confident that linking to ANY sales site is a nono, regardless of where it is on the board, except advertisers section

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Card Master~ Like Dan says, no linking to retail sites (or eBay stores) is allowed here on the forum. If someone has a retail site listed in their profile, there's not much we can do about that but those links and/or references to them are not allowed on the forum at all except in the Advertiser's Forum.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure i understand that answer.

You can't have an ebay store link but you can have a retail store link.

What is the diffrence?

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
If someone has a retail site listed in their profile, there's not much we can do about that but those links and/or references to them are not allowed on the forum at all except in the Advertiser's Forum.

I need a little clarification because I agree with Wolfie Eek - I don't entirely understand the answer.

If I had an ebay store listed in my profile it's fine as long as I don't mention the fact on the forum itself - is that right? That is to prevent folks from mentioning "look at my profile for more information" or something like that.

Am I in the ballpark?

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I think what harris is trying to say ius this:

NO linking to store, of any kind, on the board, but we would have a hard time policing every "homepage" in the profiles. We frown on it, but cannot really stop it.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:

What is the diffrence?

Well the advertisers pay to advertise their store, if everyone did it there would be no point in the advertisers section Big Grin

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

What is the diffrence?

Well the advertisers pay to advertise their store, if everyone did it there would be no point in the advertisers section Big Grin

What! The advertisers are supposed to advertise in the advertisers section! Without the advertisers section, they wouldn't have a place to advertise! Roll Eyes

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
I think what harris is trying to say ius this:

NO linking to store, of any kind, on the board, but we would have a hard time policing every "homepage" in the profiles. We frown on it, but cannot really stop it.

Exactly. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I had my "homepage" as my Ebay Store for a little while, as I copied the idea from another well-known member here. AFAIK he still has it in his profile. I thought, "If such a well-known, well-liked member hasn't been slapped over it (yet) I can do it, too."
Then I got sick of repeating my website in every trade post, so replaced my Store with my actual trade website again.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

What is the diffrence?

What! The advertisers are supposed to advertise in the advertisers section! Without the advertisers section, they wouldn't have a place to advertise! Roll Eyes

Smokin'

Twak take that you bounder Smile

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
I had my "homepage" as my Ebay Store for a little while, as I copied the idea from another well-known member here. AFAIK he still has it in his profile. I thought, "If such a well-known, well-liked member hasn't been slapped over it (yet) I can do it, too."
Then I got sick of repeating my website in every trade post, so replaced my Store with my actual trade website again.

But, you didn't get slapped Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I get hit and slapped all the time and i don't even have an Ebay store. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Wolfman, I don't think an E-Bay store is your problem! Wink

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
It seems to be a little illogical.
You aren't allowed to give a link to your ebay store, but you can share your ebay sig? Confused Confused
I have to confess, I had a link to my store (not ebay btw) in my sig, but changed it after I've read this thread.. Angel

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had someone look at my ebay store not to buy but to verify I was a honest legit person to trade with and was judged according to how I do buisness on ebay by my feedback being looked at, so I say ebay helps people to trade as it verifies identity and overal satifaction of whatother people think of me.

Posts: 97 | Location: Wauconda, IL | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post