Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Ordering in Box Breakdown Forum
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordering in Box Breakdown Forum
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi There:

Thinking out loud here....

Didn't someone once suggest that the posts in the Box Breakdown forum be placed in a different order? I think they suggested they be placed in alphabetical order, rather then by posting date. Or am I imagining things?

While adding the new box breakdown forum tonight, I ran across an option that allows me to put the forum in order alphabetically by topic. At least, I think it does!

Does anyone want this? If so, I can do a poll. I think it might made sense for the new set building forum too.

I do see a drawback thought. It'll make some things harder to find. For example, suppose someone post their box breakdown for the brand new Star Trek: TNG set. Rather then going to the top, it'll immediately go to the "S"'s and will be buried! Wouldn't that be a pain? The only way around that might be to adopt a new naming strategy for the threads that forces them to stay in both chronological and alphabetical order.

Again, just thinking out loud. Thoughts?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
I think putting them in alpha order might be a thought.
It will less the chance of a dup post and to me make finding the post easier.

If the change requires a new naming convention I think it's a small price to pay.

My 2 cents.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I'm for alpha order on both breakdowns & set building. For newer sets, you may want to make them "sticky" threads for a few weeks so they stay at the top, and after that time period they will fall into their regular spot.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I second venom5liter's idea.
Stick'em up Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
I have to say I concur with the previous two. I think even if it means that newer sets will fall down the list people can still find it easily enough. It would seem simple to figure out that if someone is looking for someone who has a card from the ST:TNG Quotable that they'd run down the list (since it's alphabetical ) to the S section to find it.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
seems sensibleThumb Up

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yep, I asked for this at the time, I've also just suggested this for the new trading card section which is also done by set. It's not a problem at the moment as I think there are only two sets there, but might be something to think about.

Whoops just read Harris's post properly, and see he's already mentioned that, it's early in the morning and I should be getting reading for work rather than hanging about here.

I post on another discussion board where they have books listed under author title name and I think if you know the sets are listed in alphabetical order then it shouldn't be a problem.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Star Trek: TNG set. Rather then going to the top, it'll immediately go to the "S"'s

But the set name is "The Quotable Star Trek: The Next Generation" so wouldn't it be under "Q" and not "S", or worse, under "T" for the "The" ?

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Alright, since it seems unanamous, I've just placed them in alphabetical order. I can easily switch them back, if need be.

I must say that it seems odd to me to have the new content not at the top! For example, right now "Family Guy" is a new thread and appears smack in the middle of the second of five pages. Not sure I like it myself.

quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
quote:
Star Trek: TNG set. Rather then going to the top, it'll immediately go to the "S"'s

But the set name is "The Quotable Star Trek: The Next Generation" so wouldn't it be under "Q" and not "S", or worse, under "T" for the "The" ?

Now, Joanna, if you going to start getting all technical on us, we are going to have to demote you. For today, I will call you Under Worked Mom, ok? Wink

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Alright, since it seems unanamous, I've just placed them in alphabetical order. I can easily switch them back, if need be.

I must say that it seems odd to me to have the new content not at the top! For example, right now "Family Guy" is a new thread and appears smack in the middle of the second of five pages. Not sure I like it myself.

It does seem a little different but I like the change. Thumb Up

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, Joanna, if you going to start getting all technical on us, we are going to have to demote you. For today, I will call you Under Worked Mom, ok

hee hee, this 'underworked mom' just got back from 1) getting Evan ready for school, 2) taking Alexander to school, 3) going to a class on how to better discipline my kids, 4) picking up paperwork at the docs office, 5) going to the post office to mail out more raffle prizes, and now I'm home to 6) WORK Smile

So yeah, a tad 'under worked' today I think - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
just for Under-Appreciated Mom, we can, as mods, go in and reorder the topic to make it:

Star Trek: TNG Quotable or Star Trek: Quotable TNG

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, due to some feedback today and a post or two here, I have made the brand new releases highlighted thread that will stick to the top of the forum. We'll try to keep it going that way and will feature new sets there as they are posted. Once sets become a month or so old (whatever we determine is no longer "new"), they'll be unfeatured and will move back to their alphabetical position.

Also, I changed anything like The Slayers (Comic Images) to Slayers, The (Comic Images). I ask that everyone else follow that convention now, please.

And finally, does everyone think that things like The Complete Highlander should be named:

Complete Highlander, The (Rittenhouse Archives)

-or-

Highlander, The Complete (Rittenhouse Archives)

???

Same for "Quotable"

Harris

Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
When in doubt, list things as they are shown in NSU.

Are you nuts? lol
I have to bounce back and forth with the ST sets! LOL (Well, they re-ordered it so it is MUCH better now)

I agree
Highlander, The Complete
and
Star Trek, TNG, Quotable

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
When in doubt, list things as they are shown in NSU.

What's NSU? Big Grin

I'd look for Highlander before I looked for Complete Highlander. Very happy they're in alphabetical order now Smile

Can Art & Images of Xena be renamed so it can be found with the rest of the Xena releases?

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I think it's a little late to rename Art and Images of Xena - we'd have to reprint cards and all - it'd just be messy

Wink

My question is this - what about stuff like Women of Sunnydale - there's no "Buffy" in the title, yet shouldn't it still be included with the Buffy sets?

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
I think it's a little late to rename Art and Images of Xena - we'd have to reprint cards and all - it'd just be messy

I think you've been talking to Wolfie too much!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Thee shall take out the the out Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I really don't like how the breakdowns are right now. I always like to see who posted recently to see what they got, I don't look by title, just by date.

I say go back to the old way Smile

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jessica, can't stand the breakdowns as they are now. Used to like to read the breakdowns as they come in and can't do it now.

I say BOOOOO to the new, go back to the old

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post