Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Ordering in Box Breakdown Forum
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordering in Box Breakdown Forum
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Well if you want to get technical, titles with "the" as the very first word in the title should never be alphabetized with the word "the" as the first word. If that didn't make sense blame spidergoblin, his thee shall take the the out post got me all bescrewed.

With that being confusingly said, I'd have to say put Complete Highlander in the H section (Highlander, The Complete) it'll make it easier since there are so many "Complete" card sets out there.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjn:
Well if you want to get technical, titles with "the" as the very first word in the title should never be alphabetized with the word "the" as the first word. If that didn't make sense blame spidergoblin, his thee shall take the the out post got me all bescrewed.

With that being confusingly said, I'd have to say put Complete Highlander in the H section (Highlander, The Complete) it'll make it easier since there are so many "Complete" card sets out there.

I also prefer all my sets "Complete"
hehehe Razz

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I like it -esp. with the newer sets being 'stuck' at the top and everything else is now much easier to sort through. I particularly didn't care if anyone broke down a box of Darkwing Duck - even if they did it yesterday, but I do care about what people are pulling from ROTS and Family Guy (you know me - always looking for the sketches!)

and besides, we all need a little shaking up from time to time Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
We seem to have two threads for the Quotable Next Gen though ! One at the beginning of the listing and one at the end. Is it possible to join 'em ?

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Andrew. Fixed it up Smile

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
There are actually a few sets that there are duplicate topics for. And unfortunately, there is no good way to merge posts from one topic to another. So I left those go for now. We'll just have to me more diligent about watching this in the future.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
From a manufacturer's point of view...

I am in favor of going with the method that works best for collectors - either way is fine with me.

(How's that for sucking up to the board? Thumb Up)

However, the new ordering system means that there is a good chance that I won't see new posts for older products that aren't "stuck" to the top of the list. That isn't a big deal unless someone has a question or problem that I don't see. I'd suggest that you post questions or concerns in one of the other sections (that is, if you want a response Big Grin).

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
There are actually a few sets that there are duplicate topics for. And unfortunately, there is no good way to merge posts from one topic to another.

I noticed that as well. One good thing with the sets in alpha order chances of dups should be zero.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Personally as regards how the sets are listed now they are in alphabetical order, I'd prefer it if it was along the lines of how the sets are listed in NSU. With the 'brand name first' followed by the title then the manufacturer.

So the Xena sets would be:-

Xena Season 1
Xena Beauty and Brawn
Xena Quotable etc.

So for sets from Star Wars, Star Trek, its always the SW or the ST that comes first. That way with few exceptions you should always know where to look.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Go for it harris... i think it would be a grand idea.. would make it a lot easier to find breakdowns!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
Not sure if anyone of importance reads this but have a suggestion for the box breakdowns section.

Is there a way that you can set it up to sort the most recent posts by clicking on post date. I like reading the new breakdowns and its a pain to sort through all 5 pages to see what the most recent ones are

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patonyfan:
Not sure if anyone of importance reads this but have a suggestion for the box breakdowns section.

Is there a way that you can set it up to sort the most recent posts by clicking on post date. I like reading the new breakdowns and its a pain to sort through all 5 pages to see what the most recent ones are

Mike

I aggree there.
Or put a drop down menu so tat you can choose either alpahbetical or newest first.

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
yeah what Mike and Chris said Thumb Up Dance

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I just spotted this thread. I haven't had any boxes for over a month so i hadn't noticed the difference.

I do have a question. I have just bought a box of LEXX cards from the USA. When they I arrive and I post box breakdown. Will it appear at the top or in the middle of page three?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to posting about this.
I absolutely HATE the new format.
I used to look at the box breakdown daily to see what people were getting out of their boxes. This way, I have no idea because if someone picks up a "older set", you don't know someone had posted something new unless you scroll through all 5 pages. I haven't looked at the box breakdown section much at all since it changed.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
This way, I have no idea because if someone picks up a "older set", you don't know someone had posted something new unless you scroll through all 5 pages.

Is there an option to view all the recent posts/new content only?
I forget Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I don't really like it, but would be happy with a "recent posts first" option.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I haven't looked at the box breakdown section much at all since it changed.

Me either. I don't like the new format at all. Shake Head

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I like the alphabetical format, but it is frustrating to not see what's recently added to the forum... is there not a way to sort threads by dates?

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
I like the alphabetical format, but it is frustrating to not see what's recently added to the forum... is there not a way to sort threads by dates?

I'm with tialessa on this.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post