Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    The Card Talk Awards?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Card Talk Awards?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
funny, ?Harris sent me almost the exact same email (darn spammer!) about 2 years ago too Smile

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Excellent, now lets make this idea a reality Smile

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Harris - as many emails and crazy ideas as we have going back and forth you expect me to remember one from 11/21/2002 where you said :

"While we are throwing ideas out there, what would you think of a just-for-fun first-annual Card Talk awards? I have been kicking this around in my mind. Card Talk members could vote for their favorites in several categories: Favorite Poster, Best Avatar, etc. I have just been kicking it around but I don't know if it's a good idea or not. Tell me what you think of that (and don't worry about saying you think its dumb if you think so). And don't mention it to any of the members, just in case I don't do it. "

Err- I guess I just mentioned it to the members Smile

Hey, do you have permission from the original e-mailer to repost the note like this? Big Grin I should have patented my idea!

Wow, OWM and Dan, I am surprised you still have that e-mail. Though I guess if I did some digging on hard drives from an old PC's, I could find me too. Now I don't have to. Smile

I wonder if this would generate more then the 38 responses we had from the Summer Photo Contest?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I'm slightly miffed that I didn't get that email...

Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Even i got that email, it must just be you that got missed out. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
i never got email......oh wait i hadn't found this place that long ago

OK back the discussion at hand.

How about the award for the quietest lurker who reads everything but only occasionally decides to use the keyboard........patonyfan

hmm think that would all fit on a award??

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if this would generate more then the 38 responses we had from the Summer Photo Contest?

Frown

One can dream, can't she??

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I feal like Captain Bringdown here, but I don't see the point in a popularity contest.
Favorite things lists are cool, favorite people lists, not.
Unless of course, there's a swimsuit competition. Big Grin

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Captain Bringdown, ya can't bring me down anymore than I already am Wink

But I tend to agree about popularity contests -which is what I think I said to 'da bossman all those years ago...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I suppose it sort of is a popularity contest.
Its also a fun way to do something without any costs involved that would bring the whole board together as a community Smile

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
Unless of course, there's a swimsuit competition. Big Grin

Hmmm... Wolfie in a swimsuit?

[FX: runs with hand over mouth to the bathroom...]

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Now if ALF ever needed glasses and he forgot them - would Wolfie look like a giant cat??? Don't forget - - "Clap for the Wolfman, he gonna rate your record high..." I miss "Howllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!! It's the Wolfman Jack Show..... Sheep(Food for Wolfie, catch me if you can!!!)Hey there Little Red Riding Hood...

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:

[FX: runs with hand over mouth to the bathroom...]

FX Sarah Twak

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There must be plenty of awards we could have that would not make it a popularity contest. I mean it,s not as if we are going to take it seriously now is it. Big Grin

Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
when was the last time you took anything seriously wolfie? Razz

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starwolf1001:
when was the last time you took anything seriously wolfie? Razz

Possibly opening his wallet ? Big Grin

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Eek

Oh no i just remembered, i don,t have a wallet. Big Grin

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Twak Sarah - that's left me with an image I REALLY don't want to have before drinking a lot of coffee... (not that I really want it AFTER drinking a lot of coffee either, but drinking the coffee helps nullify the effect of the Wolfie/swimsuit combination. And let's not mention a bikini...)
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
We have Emmy, Oscars now when are the "Wolfie's" coming out?? Clown demon dracula frank ghost jack kitty mummy witch

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The WOLFIES would be a HOWLING success. I will need to put a CLAWS in the rules once i can get my TEETH into them but that is another TAIL and a quite HAIRY one at that.

And the winner is.........

HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLL jack