Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Suggestions & Requests    Artist Member Recognition
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Artist Member Recognition
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted
I was wondering that with quite a few members who are artists here,they could be acknowledged somehow.
Like maybe a little pencil or sketchpad next to their name when they post like the advertisers' gold star.

Just a thought Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
you could open a special bit for the artists to put there pics

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've been called an artist. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
How could we ever forget your Invisable Man sketch? Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
I've been called an artist. Big Grin

And quite a few other things as well Big Grin

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
How could we ever forget your Invisable Man sketch? Big Grin

I'm trying to forget it. Maybe it wasn't there! Wink

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i bet it was a brilliant sketch i cannot find it anywhere

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
wasn't much too look at Razz

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Me and my fellow arteests scoff in your general direction. Razz Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me and my fellow arteests scoff in your general direction. Razz Big Grin

I noticed you misspelled artist so you wouldn't get in trouble with them! Wink Big Grin

Smokin'

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
it cannot been that bad to look at must of been better than a piece of blank paper lol Wink

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
All the sketches are still there to look at.

Go to sketch card entries.

Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
All the sketches are still there to look at.

Go to sketch card entries.

By all means, go look! Cool Wolfie is funny. I like his sense of humor. Thumb Up

Smokin'

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I wish all the artists would sign their posts with their names. Some of the ones who have been on here a while I know who they are and some I can guess by their user ID but their still a few who I have no idea who they are.

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
I was wondering that with quite a few members who are artists here,they could be acknowledged somehow.
Like maybe a little pencil or sketchpad next to their name when they post like the advertisers' gold star.

Just a thought Cool

I really like this idea. It has my vote! Wave

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I like the idea also. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, I'd go along with this. At least, adding "Artist" under the user name (like our "manufacturer" and "moderator" custom titles). Not sure about the graphic though. But I do have some reservations:

1) Would having the artist title change the way one of our artists posts? In other words, would they feel compelled to uphold a higher standard or something? I'm sure that most people feel that mods and manufacturers should. I wouldn't want any of the artists feel like they aren't free to speak their mind (within reason, of course).

2) What qualifies one as an artist? Those who have had a sketch card inserted in a foil pack or have had their art reproduced in a series from one of the card companies would be my suggestion. Otherwise, Wolfie would say his "invisible man" sketch qualifies himself for the "artist" custom title. Roll Eyes

Those are my thoughts. Hope I am not overthinking this.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Harris, I don't like to put my opinion down because I'm usually wrong. But here goes, if they want people to know that they are artists then they can put that in their public profile. Or is that solution too simple.

I don't think you should start labeling members without their permission. Do they want labels? Have you asked them what they thought?

I don't think you're overthinking it, but you may be underthinking it.

If I was old, fat, and ugly and if I wanted the members to know, I would put that in my public profile. Wait! I am old, fat, and ugly! Big Grin I wouldn't want that label though! Eek

Well, maybe you get my point.

Smokin'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Silverback,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Not to offend anyone but so far some of the artists I have seen have their website usually listed in their sig so people can look at their work. And Harris is right about what constitutes an artist. If i scribble on something does that make me an artist, if I write something on a piece of paper does that make me a writer? Personally if an artist want you to know that he or she is an artist, that person will tell you. If they want to remain anonymous, isnt that their right?

Metal

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm fairly new to the boards and have only just seen this message thread. Speaking for myself, I'd be pleased as punch to have artist under my name. It's kind of like having Gold cardtalk member or Silver cardtalk member etc, it's something to be pleased about and proud of. I can't think of any reason why any of the artists would want to be anonymous or would not like to have artist after their name. I chose to be an artist, so I'd be happy to have it shown. If certain artists didn't want it, they could email Harris and have it left off their postings.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post